A few months ago we sent a Rotater to Doug Fioranelli for testing and evaluation. Doug is one of the premier personal trainers in the world and has trained high school, Olympic and professional athletes. Check out Doug’s testimonials! Here are some of Doug’s qualifications:
- Doug has Master’s degree in Kinesiology
- he has been published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research
- Doug is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- he is a Certified Olympic Weightlifting Club Coach through the USA Weightlifting Association (USAW)
- he is a Certified Russian Kettlebell Instructor under Pavel Tsatsouline (RKC Level II)
- Doug is a Certified Sports Nutritionist from the International Society of Sports Nutrition (CISSN)
Doug Fioranelli gives his opinion of the Rotater
“I had the opportunity to use The Rotater for several months now and I have to say this is an amazing product. It is very simple to use and easy to understand. Pretty much get it out of the box and you are ready to go.
I think it is very important for people to realize that joints do not move in the exact same pattern even when essentially performing the same motion. It is a huge advantage to expose, strengthen, and mobilize the shoulder joint and its muscles in as many movement patterns as possible to ensure their optimal strength, stability and performance. The Rotater allows for unlimited angles to stretch, mobilize and strengthening the joint and muscles around the shoulder to maintain its movement and integrity.
I found The Rotater to be a great tool and have even loaned mine out to friends who were having shoulder inhibition and pain. I highly recommend that you add this fantastic tool to your arsenal and keep your shoulder joints mobile, strong and healthy for life.
- Simple to use and easy to understand. Pretty much get it out of the box and you are ready to go, I like that.
- The unlimited angles for stretching and strengthening. I think it is very important for people to realize that generally joints do not move in the same pattern even when essentially performing the same motion. It is a huge advantage to expose, strengthen, and mobilize the joint and muscles in as many movement patterns as possible to ensure their optimal strength, stability and performance
- I like how easy it is to stretch and strengthen the muscles of the shoulder when the arm is placed behind the back. It is VERY difficult to do this without The Rotater. I was surprised to see how limited my right side was until I used it and I was able to gain some ROM using it.
CONS: (I am being very very nit picky, I think it is a great product)
- Plastic frame could be a little stronger. I did not break mine but I did almost step on it getting out of bed and could have cracked it. I also felt it “flex” sometimes when I do certain movements. Maybe just a little harder plastic would be good for future frames.
- I think the elastic strengthening band could be a little easier to adjust when switching angles and tension. I think instead of closed loops on the frame and untying it each time, maybe an open “bulb-shaped” slot could work where the elastic could just drop down and secure itself in there
- My DVD sound only worked on the main menu page, not sure if it was just mine or a few of them.”
Rise Above Performance Training
Notes: The Rotater is guaranteed against breakage and will be replaced at no charge if you ever break or damage yours – NO MATTER HOW THE DAMAGE OCCURS!
Disclosure: Doug was provided with a Rotater at no charge. His testimonial was voluntary and not required.